Home About Erin Featured Blog Roll Advertise

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Ethan's Room

Ethan's room is a typical 12 year old boy room.  He actually wanted tons of posters of video games but I swayed him into liking these cool maps!  I have to say, the maps are one of the best purchases we've made in a long time.  My friend Jan, knew I was looking for some old classroom style maps and she happened to come across some at an antique mall in Terrell, Texas.    When you searched as long as I did for this certain style of map and came up so discouraged, I didn't think it would work out.  I would find a map, but it would $350 for one map!!  Holy cow!!  No way!!  I wasn't willing to spend that type of money. So, when my husband and I went and looked and found 7 maps from 1918 still in their wooden box that you hang from the ceiling for $150 I was pretty giddy!!!  So was my husband!  He thought this was a pretty cool purchase.  I love it when he gets excited about stuff for the house! Which isn't often.   So, I hope you enjoy Ethan's room!
 
 

This room was actually the office.  I kept the wood paneling the same in here.  I thought it went well with his bed and the theme.  The room is a little small.  But, he literally just sleeps in here and changes his clothes.  The gameroom is where he spends most of his time.


















This chest was your typical cherry wood style chest.  Nothing special.  I used Annie Sloan chalk paint in Greek blue with a little bit of the dark wax.  Talk about easy.  I love the blue so much!!
 



You can see Ethan's room from the living room.  This is the view from the couch.  So, he kinda has to keep it tidy.  Believe me, he doesn't like to do this!  But what 12 year old does?



This is a small area right outside his room.  His bathroom is to the right.  I love the linen cabinet.  I didn't have this in my last house and boy does it come in handy!
 
 
Hope enjoyed it!  Here is a list of the places I got things.
 
Quilt ~ TJ Maxx
Flag pillow ~ Home Goods
Maps ~ antique mall
E initial ~ Canton Trade Days
Bed ~ Rooms to Go Kids
 
I will be linking up here:
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Looks great! The woodwork in there is perfect with the maps. Love the quilt too. Aren't you glad the floor is tile in the hallway? It's so much easier to care for than carpet.

    Would you mind telling me what antique mall you like? We live in Rockwall and maybe I could go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those maps are amazing. I love this room and gives me great ideas for my son's room. This is such an awesome post. I would love it if you would share this post at our WIW linky party. Hope you can join us!

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lovely room and so perfect for a boy. Love the maps. I would love for you to link up to my ongoing Inspire Me party - - -http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/06/170th-inspire-me-tuesday.html Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin I am in love with the vintage maps! I would like to fid some for the game room. Thanx for partying at my place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your son's room. The vintage maps are the perfect accent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This data was truly stunning and instructive information. Much thanks to you such a great amount for offering this blog to us. Get the finest Website Designing and Development Services by the best Web Designing Company in Delhi.
    Dynamic Website Designing Company in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing blog, Get the best mutual fund investment company at Mutual Fund Wala.
    Best Performing Mutual Fund

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blog, thanks for sharing this. Kalakutir Pvt Ltd provides the best quality Fleet Painting and Godown Line Marking Painting in a low budget.
    Godown Line Marking Painting

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is among the most vital info for me.
    And i am glad reading your article. But wanna remark on few general things,
    The website style is great, the articles is really excellent 경마사이트

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!!